I'm currently available to help with any type of project.
My particular specialties and areas of expertise:
- Performance: Anything from optimizing the ruby code in a rails app to optimizing the C code that runs your ruby code to deep dives in to your infrastructure to find bottlenecks.
- Scalability: Considering moving to a distributed database? Want advice on moving to a service oriented architecture? Cloud computing vs. bare metal? I can help.
- MySQL: I scaled a single MySQL server to more than 50,000 queries per second and counting. If you have any kind of weird MySQL issue, there's a good chance I can fix it.
- Rails: I wrote one of the first articles advocating for the more modular approach to rails code design that is now considered a best practice. If you've got a project that's a little out of control, I can help you get it back on track.
- Languages: Ruby, Erlang, C, C++, Java, Scala
If you want to chat, shoot me an email.